We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we are curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths. – Walt Disney
Moving to a new country makes your heart skip a beat both with excitement and nervousness. Ofcourse you are excited about moving to one of the richest countries in the planet but you need to be prepared for it. Here are some facts about Qatar that will surely help you.
1. The capital of Qatar is Doha which means ‘roundness’ according to the centre for Geographic Information Systems.
2. If you are new to Doha this information is for you. The best way to get involved in the activities you are interested in is by finding online communities. QatarLiving, ILoveQatar and Doha Tweetups are some popular forums apart from Facebook.
3. For all the movie buffs, Doha Film Institute screens many independent and popular films regularly. Stay tuned to it and you won’t miss out anything. If you want to watch commercial movies just head over to the cinema halls around Qatar in different malls.
4. There are many options for music lovers as well. You can enjoy live jazz or classical music in a lot of venues around Qatar.
5. Some important days in Qatar are: December 18 which is celebrated as the Qatar National Day. Other days that mark National holidays in Qatar are: Qatar National Sports Day which is celebrated on the second Tuesday of February. Since Qatar is primarily an Islamic State therefore Eid Al Fitr and Eid Al Adha are some festive occasions there.
6. Here is a food fact about Qataris. Some people in Qatar or Qatatris eat their main meal at the lunch time. People in Qatar Love sweet food. Even most of them follow the tradition of eating a spoonful of honey at night and in morning.
7. If this is your first time in Qatar just know that in Qatar people follow a certain kind of dress ethics. So the male tourists are not allowed to wear vests and shorts and the female tourists are not allowed to wear short dresses or skirts.
8. You can’t go for topless sunbathing in Qatar. If you want to go for swimming or sunbathing you need to wear a long t-shirt over your costume.
9. Qatar has a very little night life to offer. So if you want to enjoy live music, parties or bars you need to head to Doha.
10. Qatar really loves and is famous for art. You will see this love spilled over from the museums and public spaces. If you have been to Doha’s Hamad International Airport you wouldn’t have possibly missed the 23 foot yellow teddy sitting in the middle of the terminal.